Technology has found its way into every part of our lives. We can do pretty much anything with the help of internet and mobile devices, even falling in love. Nowadays, online dating is a common way to meet the “one” and Zoosk, a popular website/app used by over 27 million people in 80 countries, could be a good place to find them. Zoosk uses an exclusive Behavioral Matchmaking Technology that finds great matches based on preferences and behavior.
However, the Zoosk experience may not be enjoyable for everyone as many users are not aware of the subscription fees. Furthermore, breaking up with Zoosk is not as simple as it should be and apart from closing your account on the site, your may need to remove Zoosk’s access to your Facebook profile.
Deactivate Your Zoosk Account
Here is what you can do if you are no longer interested in using this online dating service. Keep in mind that you can deactivate your account in Zoosk but in order to delete it completely you will need to contact the support team.
- Change Your Profile Information: To keep your personal information safe while the account is deactived or being deleted you should sign in and change all of the details to be as inaccurate as possible.
- Click your username to access your profile menu. Select Settings and then Account.
- In Account Status, click the Edit link and then Deactivate. You will need to confirm if you really want to cancel your account. After that you can click Deactivate Zoosk at the bottom of the page.
- For statistic purposes Zoosk asks you to provide a reason for deactivating your account. You can select an option from the drop-down menu.
Delete Zoosk From Your Facebook Account
- If you have connected Zoosk to your Facebook account you will need to log into Facebook to cancel the App’s permissions.
- Access the Settings menu by clicking the inverted triangle in the top right corner of the Facebook home page.
- On the left menu, click Apps, which will open a list of all the web applications that have access to your Facebook profile.
- Find Zoosk and click the X on the right to delete it. Once you check the box and click Remove, the app will no longer have access to your profile and all Zoosk activity will be removed from your timeline.
You can also contact Zoosk’s support team to ensure that your account is deleted and that your subscription is cancelled.