If you are looking for a convenient way to browse and stream media files across all your devices, Twonky Server is good solution to consider. Twonky is a DLNA media server that supports multiple platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android. It helps you to manage and access your videos, music, playlists and photos from a central location. With Twonky you also get transcoding support for a large number of file types. One of the advantages that Twonky Server offers is the possibility of setting up media sharing permissions, giving you greater control over who accesses to your files. Here is what Twonky Server offers.
You can get Twonky Server 8 for one-time payment of $19.99 and after purchase, you will receive an email with your license number. During the installation, you will be asked to enter the license key provided by email. The process is simple and would only require a few steps. Once you have completed the installation, you will discover Twonky’s user-friendly interface. There is a browser to manage the server and you can select the folders (but not network drives) that contain the media files that you want to stream.
There is a large variety of media formats supported including the following options:
Photos: JPEG, TIF, BMP and PNG.
Music: WMA, MP3, WAV, 3GP, FLAC. MP4, M4A, MP2, AC3, MPA, MP1, AIF, MID and ISMA.
Video: AVI, WMV, DivX, VDR, ASF, MPE, 3GP, VOB, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2-TS, MPEG4, DVR-MS, M1V, M4V, QT, F4V, ISMV, MKV, MOV, WEBM and Xvid.
Twonky Server offers a great set of features. This is what you can do with this media server:
– Aggregate media files from multiple servers to keep all your content in the same place.
– Browse and playback local media from your web browser
– Stream local media files including those stored locally, as well as files added from other media servers within the network. You can also stream content from live audio/video sources and online feeds.
– Run-time customization is supported
– You can import iTunes list and gather metadata such as thumbnails for the video formats supported.
– Twonky is fast and supports multiple languages
Twonky Server is a practical option to ensure that you can access all your media files from one location. It supports all the basic features that you need from a media server and it works well. Plus, it is an affordable option that is worth considering.