Emoji, the collection of amusing Japanese smileys that portray anything from a mouse to a space rocket has become a sensation in the world of electronic communication. What makes Emoji (a word that results from combining “e” that stands for picture and “moji” that means character) special is that it includes a large and quirky range of options to represent what you need to say in a text message or email. The popularity of Emoji keeps growing as these smileys can add a bit of fun to a post or message and you can use them to show how you feel or to refer to a place. If you want to get into this pictograph craze and get the Emoji keyboard in your phone or tablet, you just need to follow a few steps depending on your device.
Emoji Keyboard for Android
If your device works with Android KitKat, getting Emoji will be very easy. Simply hold down the enter or search key until you get the Emoji keyboard, which is included. For some apps, you will be able to see the Emoji icon in the lower right. For users that have a device that runs with an older Android version such as Jelly Bean, the alternative is to download the Android KitKat keyboard APK. Keep in mind that this could impact the use of third-party apps and may even spoil your user experience, which is why we do not recommend it. The option to avoid the risk of installing the KitKat keyboard on your old Android device is to use apps like Whatsapp that include their own Emoji keyboard or you can also try to install third-party Emoji alternatives.
However, if you insist in giving KitKat keyboard APK a try, you can follow the below instructions:
1. Go to Settings, then Security and mark Unknown Sources. This will give you the possibility of installing sapps from outside Google Play.
2. You can find the links to get Android 4.4 keyboard APK on Android Police. Download it directly on your device. Alternatively, download it on your PC and then transfer it to your Android device.
3. Once the download is complete, tap on it and follow the onscreen instructions. After the installation is complete, follow the setup tutorial from Google.
Emoji Keyboard for iOS
For iOS users, finding the Emoji keyboard may take a little longer but once you complete the steps, you will be able to start adding entertaining images to your messages. This is what you will need to do to get Emoji in your Apple device:
1. Go to Settings, then General, scroll down until you find Keyboard and tap on it.
2. Tap Keyboards setting, which is under a list of toggle settings such as Auto-Capitalization. Then tap “Add New Keyboard”.
3. Look for the Emoji keyboard, which is listed amongst a variety of keyboards in additional languages and select it.
4. Once you have added the Emoji keyboard, you will have two keyboards installed. This means that whenever you start typing a text message, post in a social media website or email, you will see a grid-laden globe icon below the iOS keyboard. If you want to access the Emoji catalogue, you just need to type that icon.