The two types of heart rate monitors belts that use bluetooth are the monitors that use Bluetooth 2 and the ones that use Bluetooth 4.0. Those using bluetooth 2 wont work with iPhones and are only useful for those with android devices. The monitors using bluetooth 4 work best currently on iOs but bluetooth 4 is fast becoming standard for both iOs and Android.
Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor
The Polar H7 uses Bluetooth Smart technology to give a live accurate heart rate through a compatible Bluetooth device.
The device is compatible with Polar Beat and similar training applications. Ity can also be use the the Gym Link Feature to link it to most gym equipment.
Heart rate information can be transfered whilst you are swimming to devices which support 5 kHz transmission.
The heart rate sensor support the following apple products :-
- iPad (3rd & 4th generation)
- iPad mini
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5S
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
and the following andoid based devices:-
- HTC One M8 with Android 4.3 or later
- HTC One Max with Android 4.3 or later
- HTC One Mini 2 with Android 4.3 or later
- Huawei Ascend P7 with Android 4.3 or later
- LG G Flex with Android 4.3 or later
- LG G3 with Android 4.3 or later
- HTC One Mini with Android 4.3 or later
- HTC One with Android 4.3 or later
- LG G2 with Android 4.3 or later
- LG Nexus 4 with Android 4.3 or later
- LG Nexus 5 with Android 4.3 or later
- Motorola Moto G with Android 4.3 or later
- Motorola Moto X with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung S5 Mini with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung Galaxy Note II with Android 4.3 or later
- Samsung Galaxy Note III with Android 4.3 or later
- Sony Xperia Z1 with Android 4.3 or later
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with Android 4.3 or later
- Sony Xperia Z2 with Android 4.3 or later
The device is powered by a CR 2025 battery.
Zephyr HxM Bluetooth Wireless Heart Rate Sensor
Th Zephyr combines Bluetooth technology with Smart Fabric, Heart Rate Sensor and Movement Sensors which makes it stand out as one of the best fitness-tracking devices.
This heart rate sensor is the firs that supports both Window 8 and Android operating systems.
The Zephyr HxM BT can monitor your workout stats which includes intensity, speed and distance covered.
The HxB has a rechargeble battery that can by charged via a USB charger. The battery that lasts up to 26 hours.
The Smart Fabric is a conductive material which is extremely accurate and cpmfotable to wear. The chest strap fabric is elastic and machine washable. It can be adjusted up to a max of 40 inches.
Apps that support it include Strava,¬† and Run.GPS.
60beat bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
The 60Beat heart monitor uses bluetooth low energy to pair with your device. The monitor works well with any apps that are compatible with¬† Bluetooth Low Energy heart rate monitors of which there are many free versions available. Apps supported include Cyclemeter, 60beat App, Runmeter, Runkeeper. Runtastic, MapMyRun ,¬† LogYourRun, Pedometer Pro, Spinning, Strava Run, iBody, Strava Cycling, 321run and Buddha Mind. For a complete list of compatible apps, see here.
The stats recorded by the device include:
- Heart Rate vs. Distance
- Heart Rate Zones
- Calories Burnt
- Heart Rate vs. Speed
- Heart Rate: Average and Max Heart Rate
The above data is stored in the device and also has GPS functionality.
This device is compatible with the iOS operating system. It supports:
- iPad mini
- iPod touch 5th Gen
- iPod Nano with Bluetooth (heart rate only with Nike App)
- iPhone4S and iPhone 5
- iPad 3rd and 4th Gen